Psychotherapy Institutes in Greece
ICPS banner

[ Όροι Χρήσης Forum - ΔΙΑΒΑΣΤΕ ΠΡΟΣΕΚΤΙΚΑ ] [ Προστασία ανηλίκων ]

Psychotherapy Institutes in Greece

Dear All,

I just registered in this website, which I found quite interesting. However, what I was really looking for was a list of Seminars or Institutes in Greece that provide training in psychotherapy, whatever theoretical background that is. For people, like me, who were brought up abroad, and are hoping to come back, it is hard to find this information.

If anyone has a link or any other comment regarding this issue I would be very interested in learning more about those possibilities in Greece.

Thanking you in advance for your time and help,
    Eleni.

Hello Eleni :)

It would be helpful to say what you would like to use this qualification for, e.g to work independently as a counsellor/psychotherapist, or in the public sector (at schools, hospitals, etc)?

You must know that in Greece this area is a bit dodgy, because not all psychotherapists are given a formal licence to work as psychotherapists. For the moment (dodoni please correct me if I\'m wrong) , only psychologists (who graduate from very specific univ.departments) and psychiatrists can get a similar licence to work in mental health- however, recently I found out that counsellors are now able to work as \"counsellors of mental health\" (σύμβουλοι ψυχικής υγείας) - but only independently.

I live abroad myself, so I hope that someone has more to say with greater detail.

Best of luck!

Hallo to both of you pops & helen :D
    εκτος απο το Ινστιτουτο ερευνας και θεραπειας της συμπεριφορας στην αθηνα
    link below:
    http://www.ibrt.gr
    Ι don\'t know anything else at greece. As I am living abroad as well I don\'t know under which circumstances training that has been done for example in the UK is recognised at greece since the doctorate in clinical psychology is considered to be an MSc and this is the only official way that someone can practice CBT. For all other forms of psychotherapy I don\'t have a single idea. I know about the 3 year course in counselling and 4 year one in psychoanalysis but no info at all for greece.
    But if anybody knows I would like to get some details just in case I will ever decide to go back to greece and practice something highly unlikely at the moment.

best wishes
    tessa

Dear pops and tessa,

thank you for your replies. Well, I am neuroscietist, but I am thinking of training as a psychotherapist. My \'problem\' is that I still don\'t know what type of training I would like to do, or how. For personal reasons I am planning to go back to Greece soon, so I was wondering where and how to train as a psychotherapist.

Are you psuchotherapists? Have you ever worked in Greece, and if yes, what was your experience overall? Also, are there any summer or short time institutes in the UK in psychotherapy?

I will look into the link tessa sent to me. Any more information/advice is MORE than welcome.
    Thanks again for your time,
    Eleni

Dear Eleni,

I will answer to your primary question about centers providing training in counselling and psychotherapy in Greece. Of course, if you want to work as psychotherapist at greek public sector, you must hold a degree in Psychology from a greek public department of psychology(there are 4 of them: 2 in Athens, one in Crete and another one in Thesaaloniki), or hold a degree from a university abroad, which must be accredited by Greek Public.
    In greek universities there are no formal postgraduate studies in counselling and psychotherapy, there are some similar programs, like two programmes in clinical psychology (Athens and Thessaloniki) and another one in psychology of health (Crete).

I will now give you some links about centers that provide training in psychotherapy in Greece (Athens):
    www.gestalt.gr (gestalt)
    www.gestaltfoundation.gr
    www.ibrt.gr (cognitive behavioral)
    www.therapia.gr (humanistic integrative)
    www.labshr.gr (systemic)
    www.dramatherapy.gr
    www.psychodrama.gr
    http://kepp.info (person-centered)
    www.kentroraix.gr (Wilchelm Reich)
    www.hypnotherapy.gr
    www.psychoanalysis.gr
    www.groupanalysis.gr (group psychoanalysis)

That\'s all for now. I have other centers in mind, but I don;t remember their weblinks. So, I might come back with some more links.
    I hope this helps you a little bit.
    Bye!

You truly are exceptional since you have a remarkable ability for motivating others with only a few words. bitlife