women food and god- geneen roth
ICPS banner

[ Όροι Χρήσης Forum - ΔΙΑΒΑΣΤΕ ΠΡΟΣΕΚΤΙΚΑ ] [ Προστασία ανηλίκων ]

women food and god- geneen roth

Ειδα προχτές στην εκπομπή της Oprah την παρουσιαση αυτού του βιβλίου!!! Η συγγραφέας ήταν λες και ήξερε καθένα απο εμάς που πασχουμε απο την συναισθηματική υπερφαγια απο την καλή και την αν'αποδη.... Η εκπομπή ήταν συναρπαστική, σκεφτείτε οτι με ξύπνησε ο μπέμπης μου στις 4΄30 το πρωι για τον συνήθη θηλασμό, ανοιξα την τηλεοραση και είδα ολη την εκπομπή, και μετα δεν μπορούσα να κοιμηθώ απο τον ενθουσιασμο!!! Βρήκα το βιβλιο στο amazon μαζί με αλλα δυο της με το ίδιο θέμα αλλα ειμαι λιγο ασχετη με παραγγελιες μέσω ιντερνετ. Μήπως έχει κανεις υπόψη το βιβλίο και κυρίως αν υπαρχει στα ελληνικα; Αυτό δεν κατόρθωσα να το μάθω, παντως ξερω οτι αυτό το βιβλίο καθως και ενα άλλο με τίτλο "breaking free from emotional eating" ειναι best sellers στην αμερική.

κανένας ρε παιδιά;

Δεν το ξερω το βιβλιο ή την συγγραφεα αλλα εγω συνηθως οταν ψαχνω βιβλια και δεν τα βρισκω πηγαινω στο public μου λενε αν υπαρχει στα ελληνικα κτλ και αν δεν το χουν μου το φερνουν απο το εξωτερικο.

αχ δεν ηξερα οτι υπαρχει αυτή η δυνατοτητα, σε ευχαριστω πολύ.

γυναικες φαι κ θεος τρομερα ιντριγκαδορικος τιτλος ουαου!

Παιδια βρηκα το βιβλιο και το διαβαζω, ειμαι περιπου στα 2/3 τωρα.
    Ειναι λιγο δυσκολο για καποιον που δεν ξερει καλα αγγλικα, αλλα ειναι τοοοσο ενδιαφερον!!! Λες και το εγραψα εγω ή καθεμια απο εμας τελοσπαντων που υποφερουμε απο την συναισθηματικη υπερφαγια. Σε μενα λειτουργει ψυχοθεραπευτικα...

την περιμενουμε συννεφια!

The Eating Guidelines
    By Geneen Roth
    (taken from Feeding the Hungry Heart -
    The Search for True Nourishment)

1) Eat when you are hungry. This involves
    the ability (and willingness) to discriminate
    between kinds of hunger, tolerating your
    hungers, and actively exploring the hungers
    beneath the mouth-hunger.

2) Eat sitting down in a calm environment.
    This involves the willingness to allow
    yourself to feel pleasure, and the many ways
    that you believe you are not allowed to have/
    celebrate who you are and what you have.

3) Eat without distractions including radio,
    television, newspapers, books, intense or
    anxiety producing conversations, and music.

4) Eat only what you want to eat. This involves
    the exploration of the true meaning of
    freedom. It also involves the understanding
    that a body constantly fed with chocolate and
    pizza will not feel well. Eating what you
    want requires making a distinction between
    old, childhood wants and the longings of
    your soul — and making decisions based on
    which hungers you want to satisfy. This may
    require some degree of educating yourself
    about the effects that the basic nutrients
    (carbohydrates, proteins, and fats) have on
    your body.

5) Eat until you are satisfied. This evokes
    the question of what it is that you want
    enough of. It also involves the willingness to
    explore the subtlety of feeling well. It asks
    the questions: Why is an embarrassment of
    riches embarrassing? What feels good about
    feeling bad?

6) Eat (with the intention of being) in full
    view of others This brings up the questions
    about hiding, lying, and truth-telling. It
    brings us face-to-face with our willingness to
    be who we are and to lead a big, magnificent
    life.
    7) Eat with enjoyment, gusto & pleasure.

Hi synnefia,

στο internet τα βρηκα..εκανα ενα μικρο search...αλλα μαλλον θα αγορασω και εγω το βιβλιο γιατι διαβασα πολλα καλα σχολια, αγγιζει το προβλημα εις βαθος και οχι επιφανειακα (πχ αλλη μια διαιτα,), ειναι φθηνο (5-6 ευρω η paperback εκδοση) .....και ας μην ξεχναμε... το διαβασμα φερνει κεφι! :spin:

φαίνεται ενδιαφέρον
    εδώ έχει αποσπάσματα από την συνέντευξη, 8 σελίδες
    δεν μπόρεσα να βρω βίντεο

ορισμένα αποσπάσματα που βρήκα ενδιαφέροντα, οι συμβουλές είναι στο βιβλίο, στην συνέντευξη συζήτησαν γενικά για eating disorders
    σελίδα 2
    "Yes, you have, and what food does at that point is it doubles your pain, rather than make it go away," Geneen says. "You're still in pain about what you were in pain about before you ate, but now you've added a whole level of more discomfort which is: 'Oh, I can't believe I ate this. What's wrong with me? Am I ever going to get my life together? Is it ever going to get better?' Then you're feeling like a failure on top of the discomfort you were feeling before."
    σελίδα 4
    Oprah says even she turns to food when life gets hard. "There's still anxiety when I have to say no to someone," she says. "I still worry, 'What are they going to think' ... [That happened to me recently and] I did not eat a pound of potato chips. I ate a pound of lettuce. But it's the same thing. I've switched the drug from potato chips to lettuce." In that moment, Oprah says she started questioning her actions. After saying no and standing up for herself, why was she so anxiety-ridden that she had to eat a bowl of lettuce? "I went back to what you had said in the book,” she says. “What I'm really feeling is every time I have ever been beaten by my grandmother. ... What I recognize as I'm stuffing myself with the lettuce is I still have that feeling of if I don't do what pleased the other person, then somehow that person has the power to annihilate me."
    σελίδα 5
    Conquering issues with weight starts with learning to love yourself, Geneen says. "People say, 'I hate myself and I hate my thighs and how do I start looking at myself and loving myself?' And sometimes I'll say: 'How would you treat a child who needed your love? Would you just whack them around and just say: 'Wrong! Bad. Look at your thighs, look at your legs'? No. Kindness. Only kindness makes sense. Only kindness ever makes sense."
    σελίδα 6

Jennifer's beliefs are similar to so many women's. "We somehow believe that if we hate ourselves enough, if we shame ourselves enough, we'll end up thin, happy, peaceful people," she says. "Somehow if I torture myself enough, I'll end up feeling great about myself and about my life, as if hatred leads to love and torture leads to contentment."