What helped with your anxiety and/or depression?
ICPS banner

[ Όροι Χρήσης Forum - ΔΙΑΒΑΣΤΕ ΠΡΟΣΕΚΤΙΚΑ ] [ Προστασία ανηλίκων ]

What helped with your anxiety and/or depression?

I sincerely hope this gets read because I have gone from full scale, "severe" depression and general anxiety disorder to living a somewhat normal lifestyle. What I did may not work for everyone but it's all I can offer:

Do the things you don't want to do. The things you've been dreading. If you're avoiding something, it's only adding to your anxiety. As soon as you face it, it's a literal breath of fresh air.

Get a pet. I adopted a pit bull puppy, and I know a lot of us can't just go and get a pit bull, but find an animal that will give you comfort. I take care of her like she's my child, and she's so high energy that I'm forced to take her for three-five walks a day. I'm 5'6" 175, was 190ish when I adopted her.

Don't get hung up on medication, therapy, etc. it HELPS but is not the end all, be all. You won't just wake up magically OK one day, and you won't have a moment of enlightenment. They're just pieces of the puzzle. I've been on 7 antidepressants and finally had enough of them and am only going to therapy now.

You're never as bad as you think. If you're reading this, you have access to either the internet, or a smartphone. Guess what half of the world population doesn't have? Those two things. Did you eat today, or do you have food in the fridge if you want to eat? Imagine picking food out of a Chinese restaurants dumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddyjohn View Post
    I sincerely hope this gets read because I have gone from full scale, "severe" depression and general anxiety disorder to living a somewhat normal lifestyle. What I did may not work for everyone but it's all I can offer:

Do the things you don't want to do. The things you've been dreading. If you're avoiding something, it's only adding to your anxiety. As soon as you face it, it's a literal breath of fresh air.

Get a pet. I adopted a pit bull puppy, and I know a lot of us can't just go and get a pit bull, but find an animal that will give you comfort. I take care of her like she's my child, and she's so high energy that I'm forced to take her for three-five walks a day. I'm 5'6" 175, was 190ish when I adopted her.

Don't get hung up on medication, therapy, etc. it HELPS but is not the end all, be all. You won't just wake up magically OK one day, and you won't have a moment of enlightenment. They're just pieces of the puzzle. I've been on 7 antidepressants and finally had enough of them and am only going to therapy now.

You're never as bad as you think. If you're reading this, you have access to either the internet, or a smartphone. Guess what half of the world population doesn't have? Those two things. Did you eat today, or do you have food in the fridge if you want to eat? Imagine picking food out of a Chinese restaurants dumpster.
    nothing..........

the best part of modern times is that everyone know the news not the truth about the facts or quite the truth
    Φιλικά ο φτωχόΜπίνες της διπλανής πόρτας :)))

Quote Originally Posted by elis View Post
    the best part of modern times is that everyone know the news not the truth about the facts or quite the truth
    i dont know even the news....so not everyone knows them

Don't get hung up on medication, therapy, etc. it HELPS but is not the end all, be all.

You're never as bad as you think. .
    You're very correct on both your points ......... i've tried ALL antidepressants , and none helped me ..........

how far is sacramento from san diego 130 euros to dollars

Thank you my issue has been solved,...